Texas brisket is one of those foods you can never get tired of. If you don’t have a big smoker or barbecue pit, don’t worry! You can still create a tender and flavorful brisket without them. This recipe is easy to make and will be worth every minute of its cook time. Take a look to see how you can create the most delicious Texas Brisket at home!
Not much goes into creating the perfect Texas brisket. Take a look to see what all you will need for this recipe. You’ll be surprised to see how simple this recipe really is.
- 5 to 6 pounds of well-trimmed fresh beef brisket
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup water
The preparation for a Texas brisket is fairly simple. It’s the cook time that will be the hardest part. Smelling the delicious meat from your oven for hours will make you the hungriest you have ever been.
- Preheat oven to 275°F
- In a large Pyrex baking dish, mix all the ingredients for your sauce.
- Lay your brisket in the baking dish with the fat side down, and turn it over once to coat it with the sauce
- Seal your dish with aluminum foil tightly
- Bake at 275°F for 5 to 7 hours, or about one hour and 15 minutes per pound
- Remove from the oven and let it stand for one hour before slicing
- Make sure to slice across the grain and serve with sauce
You might also like: 60K Mile Car Maintenance Tips
How To Eat Your Brisket
The fun part about eating a brisket is that utensils are optional! You can get as messy as you want. You can serve your brisket with a bun, some barbeque sauce or even gravy. Fried okra, baked beans, mac n cheese, and corn are just a few of some delicious sides that go extremely well with a Texas brisket. Whatever you decide, we are sure it will be scrumptious!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.