If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner that also tastes fantastic, then you are in luck. We have a delicious smoked sausage and veggie pan recipe from Taste of Home that will have your family clamoring for seconds. You can follow this recipe by the book or you can add a few tweaks. Either way, you will come away impressed and in possession of your next go-to meal.
For many, sheet pan dishes have been an excellent way to cook most meat and veggies. The process is quick, easy, and best of all, effortless. All you need is one pan and no other dishes. Better yet, you can customize this recipe and tailor it to what you like best.
Let’s begin with all that you need to begin cooking. This recipe makes four servings with a total prep time of 30 minutes. Be sure to line the pan with foil, which lessens the cleanup.
- 1 package of smoked sausage that is cut into 1/2-inch slices (you can swap this out for turkey sausage)
- 8 fresh Brussels sprouts that are thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion that is halved and sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash that is halved and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini that is halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of Greek vinaigrette
You want to begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Add the first nine ingredients into a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Drizzle the ingredients with the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Then bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
Once the 15 minutes are up, remove the pan from the oven and preheat the boiler. Place the pan back in the oven and broil the sausage three to four inches from the heat until the vegetables are lightly browned. This should take about three to four minutes.
You might also like: Traveling With Kids: Make Sure You Have These Items
Two cups: 491 calories, 37g fat (13g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1430mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), and 18g protein.