The Toyota Camry has taken home the crown of most popular car in America a record amount of times. In fact, there’s a good chance that it was the sales leader the year you graduated from high school.
The Camry Was Probably The Most Popular Car When You Graduated
Here’s a quick look at the years that Camry took home the crown:
- 1997: This was the first year that the Camry took home the sales crown besting the Ford Taurus and the Honda Accord. (The Taurus has since been discontinued by Ford)
- 1998: Camry takes home the crown again.
- 1999: It’s a three-peat as the Camry brings home the crown for a third consecutive year.
- 2000: Yep – Camry did it again in Y2K.
- 2002: After missing the mark in the previous year, the Toyota Camry returned to the throne in ’02 and reclaimed the sales crown.
- 2003 – 2018: Fifteen years. You read that correctly. From 2003 to 2018, the Toyota Camry was the best-selling/most popular car in America. That’s more than an entire generation of high schoolers who graduated with the Camry on top.
You might also like: Cook In Season With Spring Produce
Let Palestine Toyota Show You Why the Camry Is #1
As you can see from the stats above, there’s a pretty good chance that the Toyota Camry was the most popular car in America the year you graduated from high school. There is definitely a reason for that.