In the mood for some delicious southern comfort food? Check out this creamy, cheesy potato soup recipe! This bowl of comfort only takes 30 minutes to cook from start to finish. It serves six people and you only need one pot, which is sure to allow for easy clean-up.
- 6 Strips of Uncooked Bacon
- 1 medium-sized Yellow Onion
- 1 Large Garlic Cloves
- 2 1/2 Pounds of Gold Potatoes
- 1/3 Cups of All-purpose Flour
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 2/3 Cups of Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Pepper
- 1/4-1/2 Teaspoons of Ancho Chili Powder
- 2/3 Cups of Sour Cream
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- Cook your bacon in a large Dutch Oven or soup pot on medium heat until it is browned and crispy.
- Once the bacon is cooked, remove it from the pot and set it aside.
- Put butter and chopped onion inside the pot. Let it cook over medium heat until the onions are tender. This should take 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic to the mixture and cook until the smell is fragrant. This should only take about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle the flour over the ingredients in the pot and stir everything together until the mixture is smooth. Use a whisk if needed.
- Add diced potatoes, chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and ancho chili powder to the pot. Stir well.
- Bring the soup to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to just a simmer and pour about half of the soup into a blender,
- Puree the blender half of the soup until it is smooth. Now, mix it together!
- Put the blender half back in the pot with the rest of the soup. Add sour cream and crumbled bacon pieces to the soup.
- Let the soup simmer for another 15 minutes before serving.
You might also like Tiny Pumpkin Pie Recipe With A Big Taste
Tips for the Best Potato Soup
Top the soup off with additional bacon, sour cream, chives, or any shredded cheese of your liking to amplify the taste! Now, that’s a cozy dinner.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.