If you didn’t realize it, Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 9th, so it’s time to start planning something special for the lady you love. Although, don’t feel like you have to drop a large dime to make mom feel special on her day. Grab the kiddos and a few craft supplies to make this adorable “I Love You To Pieces” Craft. Handmade gifts are the best kind of gifts, and this is a keepsake she can cherish from her little ones for years to come.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Printable Clear Sticker Paper or Contact Paper
- Pink, Red, or Purple Cardstock (or mom’s favorite color)
- Black Sharpie
- Tissue Paper
Step By Step Instructions
- Dad, your little ones are going to need some assistance with this step. Begin by folding the cardstock paper in half, and trace the kid’s hands. When considering placement, make sure the index finger and thumb are touching the fold of the paper. If you need a visual, check out the helpful Best Ideas for Kid’s video, located under step 1.
- Now, grab some scissors, and cut for your kiddo. Once fully cut, the result should be the look of two open hands with a heart shape in the middle, all connected.
- Next, trace the heart part of the cutout onto the clear sticker paper or contact paper, whichever you choose. To give you a visual, make sure to cut the heart larger in size, so it will stick to the edges of the cardstock. Also, cut two hearts rather than one, as you are going to need two layers, one for the bottom and one for the top. Once finished, insert the clear sticker paper facing up. Now, add the tissue paper of your choice to the area, cut up in little pieces, like confetti.
- Once all of the desired tissue paper has been added, top the second layer of the clear paper to conceal the tissue confetti.
- At last, add a kind, personalized message to the hands, whether you want to say “I Love You” or “I Love You To Pieces,” speak to mom from the heart.
You might also like: Easy Spring Time Grilling Recipes
Come Visit Us in Palestine, Texas
While a handmade craft is adorable, nothing quite says Happy Mother’s Day like a fresh ride for the family to enjoy. Find out what her heart desires, and check out our diverse inventory online! Our team at Palestine Toyota looks forward to making mom’s vehicle dreams a reality.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.