Wildcat Golf Course in Palestine, TX, isn’t your typical golf course and country club. In fact, it’s far from it. The nine-hole course is actually maintained and run by PISD students! The students who help maintain the course get credit for their work through PISD during the school year and an opportunity for paid positions in the summer.
A Little Background on Wildcat Golf Course
The land on which Wildcat Golf Course is located was the original site of the Meadowbrook Country Club. This original country club was established in 1921 and was in operation until 2009. Grace United Methodist Church purchased the land in 2013 and subsequently allowed Palestine ISD to lease the land for $1.
The course is now a learning lab for Palestine High School students for skills such as landscaping, business management, welding, and hospitality. In addition, the nine-hole course is open for public play, as well.
Hours of Operation & Location of Wildcat Golf Course
The Wildcat Golf Course is open from 8:30 to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Saturday (with the exception of Wednesdays) and Sundays from 1:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. Greens fees for weekdays are $13 walking the course, $20 for nine holes with a cart, and $25 for eighteen holes with a cart. Weekend fees are $18 for walking, $22 for nine holes with a cart, and $27 for eighteen holes with a cart.
You’ll find Wildcat Golf Course conveniently located at 2230 Country Club Rd
Palestine, Texas 75803. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the course hours or fees, as they may be subject to change.
5 Easy Ways To Improve Your Golf Swing
If you’re looking to improve your drive, here are five simple tips recently published by Westchester Magazine’s Golf Guide that will help you hit them straighter and longer:
- Practice swinging your club on a foam log. This will help you improve your balance which is the starting point to any quality drive off the tee.
- Practice on the hands and body working together. A great drive doesn’t just come from the hands or the body alone. It’s the combination of the two working together that produces powerful and accurate swings.
- Slow that roll. Practice your swing tempo and when in doubt – slow it down. Slowing it down puts more emphasis on proper technique and fundamentals.
- Follow the tilted circle. Remember that your golf swing isn’t vertical, horizontal, or flat. It follows a titled circle. Keep that in mind when you take a swing at that next shot.
- Focus & Visualize. Don’t become obsessive with pre-shot rituals. Just focus and visualize the ball being hit the way you want.
You might also like: Book Your Ride On The Polar Express
Swing By Palestine Toyota
If you’re looking for quality transportation in or around the area, you definitely need to swing by Palestine Toyota. We carry the full-line of new Toyota vehicles plus a tremendous selection of certified and non-certified used cars. Come visit our dealership in person at 2728 South Loop 256 Palestine, TX 75801.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.